Monday, June 4, 2012

Lincoln's Fourth Birthday

Happy Fourth Birthday Lincoln.  I can not believe Lincoln is four already.  Lincoln's favorite thing to do is anything outdoors.  He loves running, jumping, climbing, somersaulting, walking, biking, and sitting on the front porch.  He also loves to play with Porter.  He is the best big brother in the world.  He is always making Porter laugh, he can make him laugh harder than anyone else.  Lincoln loves to make everyone happy.  He always says or does something to make me laugh daily.  He also encourages others and freely gives compliments.  He tells other kids good job when they play games.  Lincoln loves to play with other kids as well as our family.  Lincoln likes to help me with all my chores.  He especially loves doing dishes, sweeping, and mopping.  Lincoln brings me so much joy and makes our family more complete.  Happy fourth birthday!
 Lincoln trying to shoot me with the bubbles.
Lincoln has always tried eating bubbles.
Playing "Don't Eat George" again.
 Blowing out four candles in a cookie, since the cake was gone.
 Playing in shaving cream.
 Porter is awake from his nap.
 Lincoln climbing the chain ladder.
 Lincoln coming down the slide.

 Porter sucking the water bottle.
Lincoln found a ladybug while having our picnic.
Swimming at the pool.
Since we did all the fun birthday stuff this weekend.  I decided to do whatever Lincoln wanted.  I had to drive Caleb to work at 5:30AM, so luckily Grandma Day was here, so I didn't have to wake up the boys.  Lincoln was eating cereal when I came home.  After that, we got dressed and went outside and played with the new bubbles.  Lincoln loved chasing them and trying to shoot me with them.  We  then said goodbye to grandma and put Porter down for a nap.  Lincoln wanted to play "Don't Eat George" again.  He loves that game now.  After that, we played in shaving cream.  When Porter woke up, we went to the park for a picnic.  Lincoln was happy to find a ladybug.  We went to Dollar Tree and bought a balloon, toy donkey, and toy horse.  After Porter's nap, we went swimming and were lucky enough to have the pool to ourselves.  For dinner, Lincoln wanted ravioli, so we ate and then Skyped Grandma and Grandpa Bott and then Skyped Daddy.  We had a very fun day.  I hope Lincoln thought it was special.  Lincoln has never had his birthday all to himself, when he was born, I worked all day (while in labor).  His first birthday, we moved back to Logan from England.  His second birthday I had to work.  Third birthday was spent at my cousin's wedding.  Fourth birthday, Caleb has to be on a trip....poor kid.  Luckily he is very adaptable and he had a happy day today.  Maybe next year things will workout perfectly.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you make things special for him nonetheless! Happy Birthday! Wow, 4 already. He must love Curious George as much as my little guy.

    Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete