Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

Porter dressed up as Mario.
Lincoln as Luigi.
One thing I didn't know before Caleb and I got married was that he is the Halloween Scrouge. I love Halloween-it's my 2nd favorite holiday (Christmas is 1st of course). Caleb wouldn't let me buy a costume for Porter, so I used normal clothes. Luigi was a costume my mom bought on clearance a few years ago, so that was what he got to be. Lincoln doesn't even know who Luigi is; we watched a trailer for the new Wii Mario London Olympic Games so he could get an idea. We only have 10 finished houses in our subdivision, so we weren't expecting many trick-or-treaters, so the plan was for me to stay with Porter and give candy and Caleb and Lincoln go trick-or-treat. Being too shy, Caleb made me go and he stayed with Porter. Caleb said we only had 3 kids come and Porter cried nearly the whole time. Lincoln got tons of candy and it was really good weather, so we had a great time. Other kids said "Hi Luigi" whenever they saw his costume, so his costume was great! Hopefully next year Caleb will not be a Scrouge and take Lincoln door to door.