Saturday, September 17, 2011

Porter: A Birth Story

Just got checked into the hospital. Dilated to an 8 going natural and still smiling!

Porter Hugh Bott was born at 6:32 PM. He weighed 9 pounds and was 22 inches long.

Proud Daddy and Mommy holding Porter!

Mommy, Lincoln, and Porter.

Grandma Day, Lincoln, and Porter.

Grandpa Day and Porter. (His hat looks smurf-like.)

Mommy and Porter in the room for the remainder of our stay.


Birth Story: I woke up around 4:30AM and couldn't go to sleep, because my contractions were getting pretty strong. I had a bath and got ready for the day. I called Grandma Day at 6:00AM in the morning and told her the baby was going to be coming today. We signed the purchase agreement for our home at 10:00AM and then went to the grocery store. My contractions were about every 10-15 minutes at this point. We had spaghettios for lunch and Lincoln and Caleb took a nap. I put dinner in the oven (slow roasting chicken) and did some reading. After nap Lincoln and I had popsicles and then played Candyland. At 4:00PM I called my mom and my dad answered the phone. I nearly had a heart attack, thinking my mom left the phone at home. I found at my dad came too and was taking a flight back Sunday afternoon. I then called my doctor, but she was gone, so another doctor asked about my contractions which were 5 minutes apart and fairly intense. So she said to come to the hospital now. My parents arrived at 4:40PM and Caleb quickly ate dinner and we left. Someone double parked our car, but luckily they were there to move it. Our drive to the hospital was very quick. We made nearly every green light, even one that I always get stopped at. After we got checked in, I was dilated to an 8. Once I was fully dilated I pushed three times and Porter was born at 6:32PM. He weighed 9 pounds and was 22 inches long. Overall it was a wonderful birth experience. Porter is a cute baby and I am so proud to be his mommy!