Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Martin's Cove

Lincoln and Caleb riding in the "Rover."
An antelope at Martin's Cove.
We read "The Price They Paid" and wanted to go to Martin's Cove. I went for Youth Conference, but we got snowed out after the first night. Caleb and Lincoln had never been. It is unbelievable that the pioneers had to face so many challenges to make it to the Salt Lake Valley. I admire their faith and courage. I hope I never have to face such physical hardships. I am truly amazed that anyone could have survived. Since I am pregnant we got to ride in the "Rover." It made me feel for the pioneer women who traveled pregnant. What great examples we have in our history of faithful men and women. It makes me grateful for my trials and knowledge of the increase in faith I will gain because of those trials.